Thanks to our friends over at Dudes Cooking Food for the video.
Confession: I started smoking a few years ago, and it is one of the best things I ever did.
Yes it’s true. I am a meat smoker. When spring comes and the snow melts, my mouth starts watering for BBQ season.
Full disclosure: I don’t smoke tobacco, only meat. I’m a BBQ smoker, and I love it!
When I first started, I found a bunch of recipes for BBQ Rub online. I tried most of them, and then I started combining recipes and this is what I came up with. You will likely find many that are similar, but I find this combination to be the best for my taste buds.
I use it on chicken thighs, breasts, ribs and wings. I even use it in the oven all year round.
I hope you enjoy it, and let’s just keep this our little secret.
Combine the following ingredients and blend well. Store the extra in an air tight container. Apply liberally to meats before smoking, or baking in the oven.
* Tim's Tip - rub the meat with yellow mustard before putting the dry rub on it.
- 1 cup Dark Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Paprika
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Course Black Pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Chilli Powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Garlic Powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Onion Powder
- 1 teaspoon Cayenne
- 1 teaspoon Chipotle Chili Pepper
- 2 tablespoons Kosher Salt
- 1 tablespoon Dry Yellow Mustard